Peter's Comic Book Ramblings

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

IT CONTINUES...

Devil's Due CEO J.P. Bickett confirmed for CBR News that his company is not purchasing "Mouse Guard" publisher Archaia Studios Press -- but someone else is, and ASP's creator contract is changing as well.

This is from a recent article on Comic Book Resources. But from what I can see, it omits the information that Kunoichi, Inc., a company formed by DDP’s Josh Blaylock, is also owned by DDP CEO PJ Bickett.

Also, in a recent Beat post, ASP writer A. David Lewis is asked:

Q. But is it fair to say that you are negotiating? In other words you don’t have to go to the new DDP/ASP?

To which he replies:

A: Yes, that is ENTIRELY fair to say. And that’s what I wanted to stress: Mark/ASP/DDP has said plainly that we are welcome to take our properties elsewhere and without debate.

If DDP isn't part of the equation, if there is a separation of "church and state", why is it confusing for everyone to tell the difference? And I find it hard to believe that Lewis is privy to what Mark and company have said to all the other ASP creators who are in the middle of renegotiating.

I'd love to see wording on an actual contract myself.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, I added on my own blog - www.captionbox.net/loosepages - that I should have clarified that it was Kunoichi and not DDP. Since PJ (not JP, Peter!) is involved with both, I think the confusion is understandable.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

  • Thanks! But the PJ/JP mistake is CBR's - not mine. I copied directly from their site. :)

    By Blogger Peter, At October 8, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home