Peter's Comic Book Ramblings

Friday, August 31, 2007

BACK FROM NYC... ALIVE AND WELL

Just got back from NY (and boy are my gams tired) after finishing up the first three rehearsals for my Commerce Bank gig. I got another great bunch of people to work with - they are fun, they are energetic, they are New York. I'll have three more rehearsals with them before the tech/performance. Great group.

While in NY, I managed to see my college chum Jen; a friend from a previous CBank gig, Kat; hung out with the CGS: New York crew (Raph, Ian, Jeff, Mitch, Penelope, Mike, Dave Ryan and Joe from CNI); artist Fred Chao and his girl Dylan (Dillon?); animator Todd Wahnish; fellow theatre friend David D.; and of course the other CNI podcast host Jimmy - he-who-knows-the-best-bars-in-NY. Our night out at Don't Tell Mama's was hilarious.

The hotel I stayed in, on the night that I was out until 4:30am, decided to play a practical joke on me. The shower head fell off, hit the on lever and spat water flooding my bathroom, the hallway to the door and part of the room itself. I was moved to another room the next morning but damn if that wasn't weird hearing the shower running as I was walking into the place. It was like a Penthouse Forum letter that didn't actually come true. Boo.

I managed to walk around the Times Square although I didn't see a show - I was rehearsing 6:00 to 10:00. I was hoping to maybe catch a matinee sometime, especially of an off-broadway show. I just want to see something "different". And, other than food and drinks, I managed to not spend too much money shopping. Good for Rios.

Now I'm back in Reading for the weekend. I might be going to Philly on Saturday for the Barrymore Awards. 42nd Street was nominated for a few awards including Best Ensemble. That's me!

Really looking forward to when this gig kicks into high gear. The bankers are great, my fellow dancers are always a blast, I can't wait to start creating the opening tap number, and it all brings me that much closer to moving back to Philly.

huzzah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home