Peter's Comic Book Ramblings

Friday, August 31, 2007

SHIPPING THIS WEEK AUGUST 29, 2007

52 AFTERMATH: THE 4 HORSEMEN 1 of 6 (DC)
What was originally solicited as a one-shot is now a six-issue mini-series. The Horsemen were a damn scary creation in the pages of 52 and, with Giffen and artists Pat Olliffe and Drew Geraci on board, I'm sure the overall concept will ring true. However, I wonder if saving the idea for a later, non-event time or for the course of an actual storyarc, if that might have been more effective. Right now it seems lost in the Countdown shuffle.

ACTION COMICS 855 (DC)

AMAZONS ATTACKS 6 (DC)

ASTHMA GN (Sparkplug Comics)
By John Hankieweicz. I know very little about this, except for the title. I'm an asthmatic. So I'm curious why the title choice. Here's a few links to help.

BATMAN ANNUAL 26: HEAD OF THE DEMON (DC)
Like the Sinestro Corps War, the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul is growing out of an actual story and looks to be a great read. I also like that this isn't a one-shot or some kind of extra mini-series. That they are using Annuals again for important or special stories is a plus.

BOMB QUEEN IV 1 OF 4 (Image)
More fun than anyone should have reading a comic. Don't take it too seriously, just enjoy.

COUNTDOWN 35 (DC)

COUNTDOWN TO ADVENTURE 1 of 8 (DC)
I don't know what to expect with this mini-series. With Adam Strange, Animal Man and Starfire, DC is playing off a lot of faith from 52. But if this turns out to be a similar plotline to what Jason Todd/Donna Troy/the Monitor are doing - discovering new worlds - I'll be disappointed. I want an actual space-faring story with these characters. Another series riding off the good-will of 52.

INCREDIBLE CHANGEBOTS (Top Shelf)
Fun, nostalgic and silly. A little pricey ($15) considering the smaller size format, but still enjoyable.

LOOKING GLASS WARS HATTER M HC (Desperado)
With the second part of the novel trilogy out, Seeing Redd, this makes for a good extra story. Ben Templesmith's art doesn't hurt either.

MICE TEMPLAR 1 (Image)
Mice are the new zombies. And that's okay.

NOTHING BETTER TPB Vol.1
Another comic I first came across at MOCCA Fest 2007. By Tyler Page, the issue I read felt like a close cousin to Strangers in Paradise in a college setting. Good stuff so far.

OUTSIDERS FIVE OF A KIND: GRACE/WONDER WOMAN (DC)

PREVIEWS
Page 385. Comics NOW! Order it.

PUNKS GN (Digital Webbing Presents)
I can't wait to read this. It just looks so cool.

SUPER SPY GN (Top Shelf)
The hardcover version was a hit at this year's MOCCA Fest. Now you can pick up the softcover of 52 (52!) spy thriller stories.

TEEN TITANS 50 (DC)

TEEN TITANS GO! 46 (DC)

WIZARD 192


WONDER WOMAN 12 (DC)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • 1) I thought 4 horsemen kinda sucked.

    2) I was shocked that I LOVED Countdown to Adventure (or the non Forrunner part at least)

    3) I stopped buying Amazons Attack due to lack of interest and relevency (ditto WonderWoman)

    4) I got my wife reading Bomb Queen V2 TBP. I got the 1st series in floppies but could never find the second. She's loving it... which surprises me a bit.

    5) skipped out on the Batman Annual too.

    By Blogger Ping33, At September 3, 2007 at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home