Peter's Comic Book Ramblings

Monday, November 13, 2006

42ND STREET: WEEK FOUR

This has been an incredibly long week. With rehearsals during the afternoon and Preview performances at night, we were all in need of a day off. Which is tomorrow - yea! A few friends have seen the show in Previews and they've been saying that the show works and it looks like we are all having great fun on stage. So that's a good thing. Costume changes are getting easier, my body is physically getting used to the show and Saturday and Sunday we had two shows each day and I didn't die. haha. I did have a fever though Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night's show was a bear to get through - my legs didn't want to work and my balance was off. I felt much better Sunday thankfully and even had an appetite again.

I look forward to the opening to finally letting the show run on its own. Understudy rehearsals start next week - I don't have anything too major to learn so it should be fine. But I look forward to having some time to visit friends, put more energy back into the Podcast and to actually do some reading!

I have to say though, I'm in the best shape I've been in a long time. And I love the cast. We have great fun off and onstage together and rarely a show goes by that we aren't laughing about something that happened. A dress caught on the piano, people moving too early, flubbed lines - gotta love live theatre.

So I look forward to tomorrow and just laying about. We have rehearsal on Tuesday and Wednesday and then Wed. night we open and start our two month run. It's gonna be a fun ride.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home