Peter's Comic Book Ramblings

Thursday, November 16, 2006

42ND STREET: OPENING NIGHT

And we're off...

42nd Street officially opened last night to a decent but not overly vocal audience. We started with a little mini-rehearsal which was fine and got a 42nd Street hat from the WST staff, chocolate from our director and such. Most of us didn't really have time to do Opening Night gifts because of all the afternoon rehearsals we've been having. But we were energized once the show started and it went over well. I think the Money # got the biggest reaction to date. And we continue to sell the show regardless of what we may think is right and wrong about it. We make it work which essentially is our job.

My sister and niece were in the audience tonite. And other friends including a castmate that had to quite because of an injury. I miss her on stage and I know she's having a tough time about all this. It was great seeing her again and talking with her before and after the show.

After the show we had our Opening Night reception in the lobby. Drink tickets! Eventually we moved the party elsewhere and had a fun night at Coco's. My castmates are crazy and I love 'em.

Finally got to bed at 5:00. Yikes! But today we only have one show and we don't have to be there until 7:30. It'll start to feel like a job from here on out which is fine with me. I got a bit more time back to do other things, maybe travel to NY or just walk around Philly.

One down, 65 more to go...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home